Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is the most popular type of dance?? Tap,Ballet or Jazz.?

To perform? To watch?



I love watching ballet.......but hated my many years of taking ballet. I lovedddddd my jazz and modern classes instead. With modern dance you are so much more open for freedom and expression and various movements than in ballet. Ballet is a much more structured form.



Jazz? Man.......can't beat it. Let loose with larger movements........faster paces.......quicker more isolated movements of our body.



Now we come to Tap........*sigh* Tap. Not a fan. I do love watching the old MGM musicals where Gene Kelly is tapping up a storm. But I really really don't like watching little girls in feathers tapping their way across a stage in a recital. (just my personal opinion of course)



Well these are my thoughts........thank you for letting me express them. :)



What is the most popular type of dance?? Tap,Ballet or Jazz.?opera score



Well to answer your question I think everyone has their own opinion but right now Tap is big on Broadway. Jazz is quite popular and ballet is in play productions as well. They all have pro's and cons. I would sugest to try them all.



I have taken ballet for 9 years. Ballet is beautiful but you have to be in a state of mind to preform your best. It's also beautiful to watch. Expesially when the dancers are in unison.



I have taken tap for 10 years. It would probably say it's one of my favorites. It can be enterjetic and exiting or it could be more laid-back and calm. The costumes are awsome too! Also try Irish tap. It's really exillerating. I love it!



I haven't taken Jazz very long but it kinda depends who is teaching it. I think it's very fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection