Saturday, December 5, 2009

Am I doing something wrong on my pointe shoes for ballet?

My toes hurt really really bad and after i take my shoes off, my toes are really red. are they too narrow? they tend to wrinkle after i come down off of point. or am i just being worried and need to wait and break them in?My teacher said they would widen out., is that true?



Am I doing something wrong on my pointe shoes for ballet?concerts



If your shoes are brand new then yes they are going to hurt. You will have to stretch them.



You can get toe pads for them, and it helps so much.



I danced on pointe with 3 broken toes with my pads in.



Am I doing something wrong on my pointe shoes for ballet?headache opera theater



um, alot of the time ballet shoes cause dancers' feet to bleed if they perform for long enough... so yes, this is 'normal', but personally i feel that crippling yourself as a form of dance is redeculous. thats just me.
They will m ould to the shape of your foot in time.



The best trick I had was strapping my toes and putting cotton wool between them can also help to widen them faster.



Stick with it, you will stretch them in time.
ive been taking ballet 4 12 yrs....if ur shoes r brand new ask ur teacher 2 soften them 4 u, make sure u toe pad has tha right thinkness, if not put lambs wool inside that works 2 or go 2 tha dance store and ask 4 a thicker pad...try toe tape 2, it helps tha pain...but a word of advice,,pointe hurts! no matter what u use itz stil gonna hurt but after a while ull get used 2 them and it wont hurt anymore
erm,hellooo,pointe shoes dont feel like walking on clouds!they hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer protection